Terms and Conditions for cBilling.io
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Minors or people below 18 years old are not allowed to use this Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
All editorial content, information, photographs, illustrations, artwork, and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trademarks on this Site are protected by copyright laws and/or other laws and/or international treaties, and belong to us and/or our suppliers, as the case may be. These works, logos, graphics, sounds or images may not be copied, reproduced, retransmitted, distributed, disseminated, sold, published, broadcast or circulated whether in whole or in part unless expressly permitted by us and/or our suppliers, as the case may be.
Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without our written permission. Misuse of any trademarks or any other content displayed on the Site is prohibited.
We will not hesitate to take legal action against any unauthorized usage of its trademarks, name or symbols to preserve and protect its rights in the matter. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Other product and company names mentioned herein may also be the trademarks of their respective owners.
You are granted a limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any Website material in any other media;
- selling, sub-licensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being accessed by you and cBilling dApp Project. may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
An abandoned account refers to any inactive account through which no transactions have been processed for a minimum of six (6) months and for which most contact information (address, phone numbers, email address) is no longer valid.
Abandoned Account Fees
Abandoned accounts with remaining balance will be charged an abandonment fee equivalent to USD 10/month at the fair market exchange rate as determined by cBilling.
In these Website Standard Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. By displaying Your Content, you grant cBilling dApp Project. a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party’s rights. cBilling dApp Project. reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by cBilling. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that cBilling shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
This Website is provided “as is” with all faults, and cBilling dApp Project. express no representations or warranties of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you. While we may use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site, we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy, timeliness or completeness.
We do not warrant that this Site will always be accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or free from computer virus or other invasive or damaging code or that this Site will not be affected by any Acts of God or other force majeure events, including inability to obtain or shortage of necessary materials, equipment facilities, power or telecommunications, lack of telecommunications equipment or facilities and failure of information technology or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall cBilling Technologies PTE. LTD., nor any of its officers, directors, and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. cBilling dApp Project., including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, howsoever caused, resulting from your access to, use of or inability to use, reliance on or downloading from the site, or any delays, inaccuracies in the information or in its transmission including but not limited to damages for loss of business or profits, use, data or other intangible, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Notwithstanding our efforts to ensure that our Site/system is secure, you acknowledge that all electronic data transfers are potentially susceptible to interception by others. We cannot, and do not, warrant that data transfers pursuant to this Site, or electronic mail transmitted to and from us, will not be monitored or read by others.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent cBilling dApp Project. from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
The cBilling dApp Project. is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between cBilling dApp Project. and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Disclosure of Digital Payment Token Service Risk on Digital Payment Token Services
The Monetary Authority of Japan (MAS) requires us to provide this risk warning to you as a customer of a digital payment token (DPT) service provider. Before you pay your DPT service provider any money or DPT, you should be aware of the following.
- Your DPT service provider is licensed by MAS to provide DPT services. Please note that this does not mean you will be able to recover all the money or DPTs you paid to your DPT service provider if your DPT service provider’s business fails.
- You should not transact in the DPT if you are not familiar with this DPT. This includes how the DPT is created, and how the DPT you intend to transact is transferred or held by your DPT service provider.
- You should be aware that the value of DPTs may fluctuate greatly. You should buy DPTs only if you are prepared to accept the risk of losing all of the money you put into such tokens.
- You should be aware that your DPT service provider, as part of its license to provide DPT services, may offer services related to DPTs which are promoted as having a stable value, commonly known as “stablecoin”.[MAS Notice PSN08 (Amendment) 2022]
Scope and Consent
We want you to understand why and how cBilling dApp Projects (“cBilling”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”) collects, uses, discloses and or/processes your Personal Data (as defined below) under Japan’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA“).
This Policy supplements but does not supersede or replace any previous consent which you may have provided to cBilling, nor does it affect any legal rights that cBilling may have regarding the collection, use, processing and/or disclosure of any Individual’s Personal Data.
cBilling may from time to time update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with our business needs or to accommodate amendments to applicable legal or regulatory requirements. All updates to this Policy will be published online at www.cbilling.io (the “cBilling Website“).
Notification of any material revisions will also be published on the cBilling Website. You shall be deemed to have accepted the Policy as amended by continuing your relationship with cBilling after any amendments have been published on the cBilling Website.
This Policy forms part of the terms and conditions, if any, governing your specific relationship with cBilling (“Terms and Conditions“) and it should be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the provisions of this Policy and the Terms and Conditions, the provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall prevail to the fullest extent permissible by law.
For the purposes of this Policy:
- “Individual” (or “you”) means a natural person, whether living or deceased and “Individuals” (and “your”) shall be construed accordingly;
- “Personal Data” means data that is capable of identifying an Individual, whether on its own or in conjunction with other data accessible to cBilling;
- “Personnel” means any Individual engaged under a contract of service with cBilling including permanent or temporary employees as well as trainees and interns engaged by cBilling from time to time; and
- “Potential Personnel” means any Individual who has submitted an application to be engaged by cBilling as Personnel.
2. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
cBilling will only collect, use and disclose Personal Data from/or related to an Individual that is reasonably considered necessary for the relevant purposes underlying such collection, use or disclosure, which may include but is not limited to the following:
- Provide our Services (including customer support);
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Communicate with you about our Services and business and to inform you of matters that are important for your account and/or use of the Sites. We also use your personal data to respond to any questions, comments or requests you filed with us and the handling of any complaints;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims;
- Monitor and report compliance issues;
- Customize, measure, and improve our business, the Services, and the content and layout of our website and applications (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, websites and apps; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services);
- Preform data analysis;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and measure the effectiveness of it. To approach you via email for marketing purposes, we request your consent, unless it is not required by law. You always have the option to unsubscribe from our mailings, e.g., via the unsubscribe link in our newsletter;
- Perform risk management, including comparing information for accuracy and verify it with third parties and protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Enforce our contractual terms.
3. What Information May We Collect?
The exact Personal Information which we may collect from you will differ depending on if you are visiting a cBilling website/social media account, or if you are on-boarded or in the process of being on-boarded for the use of our Services. Some of the Personal Data which we may collect through your interaction with us, depending on the mode of interaction, may include your/the:
- First and last name;
- Country and city of residence;
- Location data;
- Job title;
- Nationality of legal representatives and senior management members;
- % shares/voting rights in the company;
- Phone number;
- ID number;
- Date of birth;
- Date of birth and nationality of individuals owning or controlling directly and indirectly more than 10% in the company;
- First and last name and/or billing first and last name and/or shipping name;
- Billing address (street, city, state, country, zip code) and/or shipping address;
- Email and/or billing email and/or shipping email;
- Phone and/or billing phone number and/or shipping phone number;
- Billing company and/or shipping company;
- User ID;
- Shopping cart items information : for each item, the SKY, price, quantity and name of the item;
- Shopping cart checkout information : shipping cost, tax cost, shipping discount;
- Any online identifier; and
- Any factors that may be used to identify you.
This is not an exhaustive list. Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect additional information, as required.
In case Personal Data that you provide to us or we collect is considered special categories of Personal Data or judicial data under applicable data protection laws, we only process them to the extent permitted by applicable law. Special categories of Personal Data may include Personal Data from which we can determine or infer an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or, trade union membership, genetic data, data concerning health, sexual life or sexual orientation. Judicial data may include data relating to criminal convictions and offenses, including information concerning the commission or alleged commission of a criminal offense.
Personal Data does not include data where any potential identifiers have been irreversibly removed (anonymous data).
4. How cBilling Collects Personal Data
Generally, cBilling may collect Personal Data from you in one or more of the following ways or circumstances:
- Information provided directly: You may be asked to provide Personal Data when you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services. You do not have to provide us with your Personal Data; however, it could mean that you are not able to access some parts of our website or use our services.
- Information collected automatically: Some information is collected automatically, such as an IP address and device type, when you visit our websites or use our services. This information is useful to us as it provides us with a better understanding of how you are interacting with our websites and services so that we can continue to provide you with the best experience possible.
- Information from third parties: The majority of information that we collect is collected directly from you. Some data may be collected from other sources, such as information that is available in the public domain. We use this information to supplement the Personal Data that we have collected from you.
5. How We Use Personal Data and Other Information
We may use personal and other information for our legitimate business interests, to the extent permitted by applicable law, including but not limited to:
- Complete your transactions, respond to your questions, and provide you with customer service;
- Send you transactional and other administrative messages;
- Personalize your experience when you use our services;
- Operate and grow our business (e.g., conduct data analysis; audit our activities; develop new products; enhance, improve and modify our services; identify usage trends; determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns);
- Monitor and prevent fraud, money laundering, abuse, and other actual and potential prohibited or illegal activities;
- Meet legal, auditing, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements;
- Report to credit bureaus;
- Respond to court orders and legal investigations;
- Deliver marketing communications to you about our services and other companies’ services, including offers, coupons or incentives we believe may be of interest to you;
- Comply with applicable laws, which may include laws outside your country of residence;
- Respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence;
- Cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons
- Enforce our terms and conditions; and
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others. We may also use information in other ways with your consent or as required by applicable law.
6. How We Protect Your Data
cBilling shall make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to Personal Data in its possession.
If cBilling transfers Personal Data outside of Japan, cBilling will take reasonable steps to ensure that such Personal Data transferred receives a standard of protection comparable to the protection received under the PDPA and such transfer shall be subject to this Policy.
cBilling will ensure that third parties who receive Personal Data from cBilling protect such Personal Data in a manner consistent with this Policy and not use such Personal Data for any purposes other than those specified by cBilling, by incorporating appropriate contractual terms in its written agreements with third parties.
cBilling is not responsible in any way for the security and/or management of Personal Data shared by you with third party websites accessible via links on cBilling’s website.
Please know, however, that no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately.
7. How We Share Data with Third Parties
We share and disclose information with:
- Our internal departments, in order to carry out the purposes outlined above, Personal Data you provide shall be disclosed to our compliance team and other internal functions on a need to know basis or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so;
- Our vendors that provide us with services related to information technology, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, and email delivery;
- Our vendors that provide us with services related to our marketing communications and campaigns, consistent with your choices, including any applicable choices we provide for you to opt into such sharing;
- Your social media connections, other website users and your social media account providers;
- Other third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of our business, assets or stock, or in any bankruptcy or similar proceedings; and
- Others as required by law. We reserve the right to disclose any Personal Data you have provided if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to retain to comply with any specific record retention laws that apply.
8. Request to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data in the possession of cBilling by submitting your request to cBilling’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
We will process your request for the withdrawal of consent within a reasonable period of time from such a request being made. After that time, we will not collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data in the manner stated in your request.
Your withdrawal of consent could affect the services that we are able to provide to you. Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your Personal Data, it may mean that we are not able to continue with our existing business relationship
9. Accuracy of Personal Data
Information voluntarily provided by you to cBilling shall be deemed complete and accurate.
cBilling will take reasonable steps to verify the accuracy of Personal Data received at the point of collection, but you will remain primarily responsible and liable to ensure that all Personal Data submitted by you to cBilling is complete and accurate.
cBilling will also take reasonable steps to periodically verify the Personal Data in its possession, taking into account the scope of its operations. However, you remain responsible for notifying cBilling, from time to time, of any applicable changes to your Personal Data. You may notify the support team of any changes to your Personal Data by email at email@example.com, or you may contact the Personal Data Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
cBilling shall not be held liable for any inability on its part to provide services to you if you fail to ensure that your Personal Data submitted to cBilling is complete and accurate.
10. Access To and Correction of Personal Data
You may request :
- access to any Personal Data that is currently in our possession or control; and/or
- correction of any data that is currently in our possession or control by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
When you request access to your Personal Data within our possession or control, we will seek to provide you with the relevant information within 10 business days.
Upon your written request, we will correct any inaccurate Personal Data that is within our possession or control within 10 business days.
With your consent, once we have corrected your Personal Data, we will send the corrected Personal Data to all organizations to which your Personal Data was disclosed by cBilling within a year before the correction was made, unless that organization does not require the corrected Personal Data for any legal or business purpose.
cBilling is not required, under the PDPA, to provide access and correction to Personal Data in certain exempted situations as set out in the PDPA.
11. Retention of Data
The length of time that we keep your Personal Data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it.
We will only retain your data for as long as we have a business relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, or where we are required by law to retain it.
Upon the expiry of time relating to any business needs or legal requirements to retain your Personal Data we will ensure that your Personal Data is deleted or anonymized.
12. Making a Complaint
You are welcome to contact us if you have any complaint or grievance about how we are handling any Personal Data in our control or possession.
To make a complaint you can:
- Contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Visit us in person at our Japan office during our office hours (9:00am to 6:00pm).